Monday, September 22, 2003

Ethics and other silly things...

I'm pretty excited about my blog adventure. This is a fun place for me to write about loose ideas that rattle through my thoughts, cover topics without having to worry about tone, POV, or anything other than just satisfying myself.

However, there are topics etc., where politesse needs to be exercised. And, there's no earthly reason why I should bare my soul online anyway. That whole deal has been done to death, and needlessly hurt people.

After much thought, I realized that I could write about my writing life, albeit in an 18th Century novel style. In other words, I can mention that I'm in the process of interviewing Ms. Z________, or am waiting to hear from the manager of the phenomenal group the L________'s etc., and so forth without getting anyone's knickers in a twist. Obviously, I'm not going to utilize the first initial of their name, but I can blow off steam in a pretty harmless way.

I think with friends, I'll use their name; I mean that's what I call them. If they prefer to remain anonymous -- then I'll edit use either an alias or initial.

In regards to dating, boys and all that...well, I've been nicknaming boys since I was in college, so I'll continue to do that. If I get involved with a boy, there won't be any gory details posted here. What are friends for, if not to call them up and say, "What the hell did that mean??"

Some of my posts will be a place for the internal to find an external home. Some of them will be about my dating or work adventures; most of them will be about me.

I think this'll work out well.