Sunday, February 08, 2004

I'm supposed to be writing and I'm here. Well I've been everywhere else on the Internet, TV etc., and am hoping that this might give me the jumpstart to do some real work.

Maybe

Maybe not.

I have to write

Ugh

I must

Yeah well if I don't write, I can't buy shoes. I just love having an argument with myself. The only good thing about it is that I win. Can you imagine having an argument with yourself and losing?

Tried to watch the Grammies pre-show and just couldn't deal with it, much less the award show. I rarely watch award shows on TV. They take forever to get to the good stuff and I don't really care what people are wearing to them. In real life how often are you gonna sashay down the street and into the subway in a $4000 dress?

I'll post some music news......

Chris Vrenna who's a founding member of Nine Inch Nails has Robert Smith (The Cure), Johnny Marr, David Sylvain (ex-Japan),Will Oldham, Hamilton Leithauser from The Walkmen, Mellowdrone, and Jennifer Charles from Elysian Fields doing guest bits on his Tweaker 2 a.m. Wakeup Call release (Waxploitation/iMusic). www.tweaker.net , www.waxploitation.com and www.imusic.com for more information.


Josh Todd (former singer of Buckcherry) has a new band. It's called..... JOSH TODD--Josh (vocals), Jesse Logan (guitars), Mike Hewitt (guitars), Mark John (bass) and Kent Ross (drums)—debut album, YOU MADE ME, March 9 (Todd entetainment/XS Records)

The Soul of John Black have released their self-titled debut album on No Mayo Records and will be performing 2/27 at Joe's Pub 425 Lafayette St., NYC 212-539-8776. Their single Scandalous, (no. 9) wasnamed one of NPR's Best Songs of 2003; All Songs Considered and The Wall Street Journal have them in their ROck & Pop Top 10 List.

The Soul Of John Black is guitarist/vocalist John Bigham and bassist Chris Thomas. Blender says "the acoustic serenade 'Time' (Losing My Mind)" sends a hundred magic fingers down your spine" and Interview Magazine boasts "Old-school funk pulses through this debut...the results are spine-tingling."

The band has played and collaborated with such high-profile artists as Miles Davis, Fishbone, Macy Gray, Dr. Dre, Eminem, Betty Carter, Harry Connick, Jr., Joshua Redman, Daniel Lanois and many others. Don't miss the band Spin Magazine says "Sublime's Brad Nowell hears in heaven."

To hear music, watch a behind-the-scenes video or download photos, please visit: www.thesoulofjohnblack.com

Moments In Grace are touring now. Download the These Days Will Fade EP (including artwork) and check for touring dates at: www.absolutepunk.net or www.momentsingrace.com.

I had better get cracking--stuff to do....