Tuesday, February 03, 2004

The good news is that I've finally got the comment feature to work. The question is, will I get any? Only time will tell.

I've gotten a few emails concerning the Toby Lightman show at Fez and have decided to share my experience, such as it was. I live in the Upper West Side, Fez is located pretty close to SOHO/East Village border, so I have to switch trains and go east. I hop on the train, open my book and read. La la la la...Train is moving, I'm reading, life is good. Without warning the train stops. Of course it has to stop in the middle of a tunnel, so it's really dark (cue scary music), eventually we lurch towards a stop. A grabled announcement wavers through the air. There's a sick passenger and help is on the way.

We wait.

We wait.

We wait.

Yup, we're still waiting.

The following year the train starts to move. I get to 34th street where I'm going to switch from the B train to the N/R and I look at my watch. I've got a half hour before the show ends. If the connecting train shows up quickly (ha!) and I get off at W8th street, then run like a fiend, I may make the last 15 minutes of the show if I'm lucky. I turnaround and go home.

This is why I'm not writing about adventures lately. Strange things keep happening. An art show was cancelled due to snow. I literally fell asleep while changing to go to another showcase, my guestlist notification was eaten up by the Internet monster....Sigh.

Some music news...

Skye Sweetum will be opening for Britney Spears in her upcoming spring/summer tour. Skye's 15 and her debut release Noise from the Basement (Capitol) will hit the stores May 18th. Her song, "Billy S.," was on the How to Deal soundtrack, and she recorded the theme for the N network show Radio Free Roscoe

Mos Def will be playing Ford Prefect in the upcoming movie The Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy. Bit of trivia--Ford Prefect was a British Car.

David Bowie has more tour dates and the Polyphonic Spree will be opening for him at selected shows. More info on dates and opening acts go to David Bowie's website www.davidbowie.com

PROTO-KAW, featuring ex Kansas member Kerry Livgren will have a release out April 6th. Before Came After is on Insideout Music America.

CROSSFADEƃ‚‘s self-titled debut album is set for release April 13 on Columbia/Earshot Records

Locally Argentine will be performing at Pete's Candy Store Williamsburg Feb 5th. 10 pm No cover http://www.petescandystore.com/pete's_map.html


And as for me, doing the do...Cleaning, eating, writing and desperately trying to stay away from shopping. I must remember that it's a sport not a way of life.