Thursday, December 04, 2003

Last night Ivan and I went to Tonic to see Kid Congo and Alice, Texas. Unfortunately, we mixed up the times and only saw Alice,Texas. I know that we've seen them before, just can't figure out where. They had a couple of pretty good songs, but most of their music is dirge-like. After the millionth funeral tune, we bailed and headed off to Luna. Never caught the band name, and that's fine...we ran over to the Johnson's drank beers, listened to the fabu jukebox and went back to Luna to check out their last band. That band was worth the wait.
Two Gallants are out of San Francisco; it's a guitarist and a drummer. They've got a very full rich sound, a kinda electro-acoustic feel to them and yeah, I'd see them again. The vocalist has a killer vibrato, and a wonderfully textured tenor voice.

Stef's book release party was tonight. Decided to go "film noir." Wore my 40's dress with a cocktail hat and a fur muff. Actually blew my hair straight for it, I was trying to do the Lauren Bacall Virginia Lake deal.

They served cranberry martinis. Dangerous. Yummy. Met some very interesting and cool people. Saw P., he's a friend of Stef's and does hair for all the NY fashion shows, music videos etc., He arrived late--straight from a video shoot. I asked him if he needed an assistant. I'd love to be able to sneak onto a shoot, and scoop some stuff for the mag. Hey to be able to hang out with all the clothes would be cool too.

Afterwards went out to dinner with Nica and her beau. Dan's a very nice guy. I think it's cool that he calls her by her last name, they've got a very playful way with each other. It can get very soppy when you see all the stuff oozing out of each other's eyes when they look at each other. They make me feel about 12.

Anyway...just found out that some boys that I know are reading this ole blog. Well, golly gee!

If I've offended anyone, I apologize. If I made you laugh, great!

But remember, I am a single person, and as such I'll smile, giggle, flirt and have a grand ole time. Until I'm in a relationship this is the way I'll be.

If you have a problem with it, tell me. If you want to get to know me better, I am not a mind reader, let me know. If you don't like being here let me know. If you're an idiot and behave boorishly, you'll be here. If you want to write a comment here, go ahead. If I had fun with you, It'll be here.

If and only if I have relationship with you (whoever you are) you won't be here.

Same with a lot of my work details--they won't be here.

Glad that we got that straightened out.