Thursday, December 25, 2003

Happy Christmas!!

Yeah, I know I've been awol. I meant to write sooner, really, but I got an assignment and spent 24-7 working on it. Yeah it happens...also was in the process of moving the blog to this site etc., etc.,...what can you do.

I'm going to be writing more later, but wanted to squeeze some news in first.

Last Saturday was Ivan and Janis' joing birthday party, held at South's in Tribeca. It doesn't sound like an Irish pub, but it is and unfortunately the fries are horribly addicting. There was a point where we were fighting over them.

After dinner, we moved to the bar. I hopped up onto the bar. This way I could see everyone who I was talking to (Oh the joys of being short). Jason, the bartender, took advantage of this by tossing sugar and salt down the back of my jeans. Note to self--do not were extreme low-riders if you're going to sit on a bar. It got so bad, that I had to go to the loo, take the jeans off, turn them inside out and slam them against the wall repeatedly to get the grains off the jeans.

Look I know exfoliation is good for your skin, but this was a bit extreme.

Hung out there for a bit, then we packed up and wandered off to where else, but LIT.

Made it home by 5 am and crashed.

Finished up my Top Ten CDs for the year for Rolling Stone.com this past week, and will post the URL once I see it.

Now have to work on my Top Ten for The Village Voice.

I'd love to be able to write about the worst CD's for once...there were some stinkers this year.

Am having guests over today for Christmas dinner, which is why this post is short. Last night baked a three layer cake, made rice pudding and today making mashed potatoes, candied yams, rolls, green bean casserole and corn. Did you notice that main dish is missing? That's cause I'm not making it. I have eaten ham in the past, but never made it. Roxanne is bringing the ham and cooking it, thank god.

The house is clean and smells good.

Now, I've just got to back into the kitchen and not panic.