Monday, April 19, 2004

Oh boy!

So many things, so little time. I don't even know where to start...Let's see a little after I wrote my last entry (the one about Bush) I ended up running to the Hamptons on assignment. Damn it was cold! Too cold to smoke a cigarette outside and at one point I was running on a beach. Slept in flannel pajamas (with sheep leaping about), my coat, socks, everything and was still cold. Wrote about where "young hollywood" frolics when they're out there during season.

Finished up another cosmetic review--became addicted to liquid eyeliner, lavender eyeshadow and lip gloss.

R. moved to Cali, off to write about stuff out there...

Saw Crystal Method at Webster Hall, finally! The last three times they were in NYC, I was guestlisted, but had snafus at the last moment. Great show, ended up munching on tomatoes back stage, hung out with Ivan and Roxanne at Beauty Bar, got silly and met a man who claimed he was with FUSE. This does get better, as we were chatting and I was being my "oh can you name this song/artist" snarky self, talked about auditioning for channel. Well, that could be neat, right? I mean, think of all the fun you could have catching the wave in music, doin interviews etc., and um, of course shoes...gee golly, wee and wow...never got the call. Your guess as to whether or not he was for real, am laughing as I wrote that last line.

Had a date-ate, drank champagne, laughed-done

Got called a silly name in a comment when I wrote about Bush. I love how conservatives like to use the word liberal as if it was a smear against your ancesters. To them, being liberal (which I think is open minded) is the worst possible crime against humanity. It's funny how they equate reporters/journalists/writers with being "leftish." Well, I'd rather be in full possesion of my facts than be an Ann Coulter, who makes things up and doesn't respond when questioned about it.

Watched a bit of the Bush press conference, but laughed so hard I had to turn the channel. As the magazine (Newsweek) said, this is another Viet Nam.

I'm not even going to get into political writing now, it's very late and if I start, I'll get so pissed off I'll be writing for hours and furious at the same time. Who knows how many typos I'll inflict on the planet, let alone what nightmares I may bring onto myself.

My cat Sinatra has been diagnosed with diabetes. That whole deal is frightening. I've had him since he was just six weeks old. He's lost weight and the Vet and I are trying to get him to eat. After the first time I took him to the Vet (an emergency visit) I came home and couldn't stop crying. He was a trooper throughout the entire mess. I'm now injecting him once a day with three units of insulin, but we have no idea if that's going to work, or if the doses will have to be upped or what. He's a picky eater and hated what he had to eat. The vet did say that he could have hummus twice a week and unspicy chicken--yes I have a cat who also likes tomatoes, pepperoni and anything Italian, but he's got to stick to his diet, which is food for diabetic cats (looks like bad pate) and baby food. He hates it. I'll mix in a bit of regular cat food in the mess and he picks out the reg cat food. He's worse than an anorexic model.

Have somehow become the photographer of Ivan's band The Loosies. I must bug him for the URL of the site and link it here. You know how it is when you go to see a friend's band, you're more nervous about what you'll say to him afterwards than what you're going to see. Okay, I was blown away by them and I'm a pretty jaded individual. They're a curiousm,delicious and fun mixture of power pop and punk. The lyrics seep into your brain, and you find yourself humming the song a few hours later.

Oh yeah, and I FINISHED and I do mean finished the book. All 40,000 words of it. DAMN. It's sitting on the dining room table waiting to be mailed. I'm scared to let it leave the house. What if it doesn't look both ways before it crosses the street? What if it steals other manuscripts milk money?

Since I've all ready sent an email that it's on its way, I think this means that I have no choice but to let it go off into the world by itself.

Got into an argument with someone over my height. I know I'm 5 2 1/2 and they kept inisisting that I was taller. It's just that I have a big mouth, the volume makes me seem bigger.

Keep one eye open for Wednesday's Chicago Tribune. I'm in it. Oh it was so weird being an interviewee instead of an interviewer. Not to mention a photo shoot! They shot me shopping at the MAC store in SOHO and getting a makeover. God knows what photos they're going to use. I just hope I look human.

Better go and get some rest. Errand day, I have to go to the Post Office and mail off the (gulp) book and write pitches etc.,