Saturday, April 24, 2004

The joys of insomnia

Ugh, ugh, ugh, that's all I can say. Made the mistake of napping this afternoon and now at the glorious hour of 2 am something I'm wide awake.

Let's see what's been going on...

Today, I filmed, yes I said that word filmed my interview with Sonic Youth. Well, I mean I personally didn't film it. I think to do that I would have had to clone myself etc., but...let's try this again...today I interviewed Lee Renaldo and Steve Shelley of Sonic Youth in their studio on Murray Street. It was a filmed interview that will be aired by UGO.com close to the release of the bands' newest release Sonic Nurse. Yeah, that does sound better, doesn't it.

See, insomnia screws up your linguistics and syntax. You won't see neither hide nor hair of me, you'll only hear my voice asking questions and the guys will be answering them.

I fell in love with their board. It's about the size of my bedroom and to paraphrase Thomas Dolby, "All those tubes and wires!" WOW.

Came home and the DSL was back up. Yes, I forgot to mention that my computer crashed yesterday! Yup. Got invaded by a nasty trojan (am thinking of a wee virus wearing either a helmet or a condom) screwed up my computer and then the DSL link went down. Of course it completely screwed up my work schedule for the day and I had some last minute questions I wanted to research and of course I couldn't. Got the stupid computer to work after much wrangling with it.

Screamed at the DSL people for awhile. Panicked for even longer, then suddenly remembered at nine at night that I could go online the old fashioned way via dial up.

It's so easy to get spoiled and forget the way you did things back in the stone age.

Will be interviewing an up and coming actor for a Cali based mag in early May. Issue will be out in August. His movie is coming out July 23rd. That's it for hints. Feel like being mysterioso.

The wondercat has become Kate Moss. That's what I keep telling him. I've been trying all sorts of diabetic cat food on him, he fell in love with a certain type, so I bought ten cans. May I add that ten cans of cat food is equivialent to a steak dinner for moi? Boy, does he eat well. I cough up this money and now he won't eat it.

So, I've taken to calling him Kate Moss. The vet's worried that he's going to become anorexic. Yes, cats can do that if they don't like the food. If he thinks that I'm going to buy him a boa, he's got another thing coming. After hearing him whine for hours, I broke down and gave him his old favorite and baked chicken, just to keep him quiet.

There's got to be trick somewhere out there that will make him like and eat the food that he's got to deal with, I just need to figure it out.

Ivan, Roxanne and Janis are off to Dollywood, TN and Texas. I've demanded that they send me Dollywood postcards. They're also going to check out Sun Studios in Memphis, TN. I hope they can check out Beale Street.

It times like these when I wish I still had my car. Would love to throw a suitcse in back and just roar off into the sunset for a weekend, with the car pointed in any old direction.

Bloomies is opening up in SOHO this Saturday. It's not going to be in a huge space, but Katie and I are going to check it out and see if they have any first day goodies. I keep repeating to myself, "I'm going to be good. I'm going to be good."

I have to be, I've got stuff that I haven't even worn, it's still in bags.

I should write a novel about shopaholics, no wait, it's been done.

No adventures planned for this weekend, just writing.

I will behave. I will behave. I will behave. I will behave. I will behave. I will behave. I will behave. Damn, I hope so!